Our client, a leading energy solutions provider based in Almere, the Netherlands, is seeking a dynamic Supply and Capacity Planner to join their team. With a strong focus on sustainable energy, our client specializes in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced energy storage systems, electric vehicle charging solutions, and smart grid solutions. As an innovative company, they are committed to shaping the future of energy and enabling the transition towards a clean and reliable energy system.
What will you do? To achieve ambitious growth, our client is elevating their supply chain operations. Previously, they managed the supply chain activities for their three different business units separately. Now, they are centralizing these activities, creating a new department and new positions. One of these positions is the Supply and Capacity Planner, who will work closely with the team to create a vision for the future S&OP process, eventually evolving into Integrated Business Planning.
As a Supply and Capacity Planner, you will play a vital role in the Supply Chain Operations Planning team. Your goal will be to coordinate the supply and capacity portion of the S&OP process, optimizing supply chain operations, ensuring seamless production, and enhancing customer satisfaction. You will be the expert in determining the optimal approach for scenario-based decision making. Additionally, you will ensure the availability of materials and resources to meet production demands and customer requirements. To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with production, sourcing, and various functions and levels within the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing processes, tooling, and operating models supporting the future S&OP/IBP program
- Working independently with guidance to solve complex problems with technical solutions
- Deploying the necessary capacity and supply planning capabilities across different business lines, aligning with the global planning strategy. Mapping the supply and capacity planning portion from the current state (AS IS) to the desired state (TO BE)
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to drive supply optimization by identifying and executing least-cost distribution strategies informed by Landed Cost modeling
What do we expect from you? You are a precise and analytical Supply and Capacity Planner, demonstrating strong team collaboration and excellent communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant specialization
- At least 5-8 years of working experience in capacity and supply planning and/or S&OP/Planning/IBP
- A strong track record in S&OP and change management, along with experience in S&OP tooling
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with knowledge of Dutch being beneficial.