As head of Supply & Demand Planning for EMEA you will create and manage forecasts, design process improvements and next generation planning systems, and perform data analytics for the EMEA Operations across all brands. You will work with Marketing, Global S&OP, Supply Planning and Procurement to understand demand and supply needs and to support EMEA operational goals and metrics. You will be developing end-to-end demand planning solutions as well as managing related project executions. It is essential that the incumbent of the role thinks strategically, connects the dots in the bigger picture and is comfortable in the details of the deliverables.
- Manage forecasts, design process improvements and perform data analytics for all Operations
- Work with Marketing, Supply Planning, Procurement and Logistics to understand demand and supply needs and to support European operational goals and metrics
- Develop end-to-end demand planning solutions as well as manage related project executions
- Bring together and align business objectives, financial targets, Demand & Supply
- Drive a collaborative decision-making process that balances functional goals and constraints
- Move to a mid/long term ‘unconstraint’ Sales & Demand review, for appropriate capacity planning
This should result in improved spend optimization, productivity and operational efficiency, improved stock turns and inventory reductions plus increased revenue growth as well as improved customer relationships & customer satisfaction
- Consolidates Demand/Sales Forecasts of the markets to provide overall Demand/Sales Forecasts to help build the total BU picture for EMEA
- Reviews the forecast valuation of each Country cluster and compares it with the financial and sales estimate. When needed, establishes a corrective action plan with the country cluster and ensures they amend their forecasts accordingly.
- Supports and captures key business drivers (e.g. market share, trade/promotional activity, inventory requirements, competitive activity) to understand their impact on current and future forecasts. Translates that insight into improvements in forecast accuracy
- Collaborates with Marketing, NPI and Procurement teams to plan for new product introductions and product end-of-life (EOL) to minimize obsolescence.
- Creates and manages SKU forecast to support service demand, minimize freight costs, and optimize inventory levels.
- Partners with stakeholders to assure forecasts can be translated into actionable supply chain plans that optimize inventory and maximize customer service
- Coordination with marketing, supply planning and manufacturing operations for liquidation or redeployment of excess inventories across multiple geographies
- Attends the Monthly Inventory Review and the Excess and Obsolete Review and coordinate the actions related to the Demand.
- Works fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving SC Operations, manufacturing and product development teams, as well as material planners.
- Ensures (cross regional) best practices and policies related to monthly S&OP are established, trained upon being adhered to throughout the planning process.
- Continuously improve demand planning forecast accuracy and bias KPIs.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years relevant experience within Supply Chain Management
- Prior experience leading and embedding S&OP best practice ways of working
- Strong knowledge of Demand Planning Management
- Understands the commercial drivers of Marketing and Sales
- Is aware of market developments and trends
- A background in medical devices or food and beverage industry is preferred
- Able to work with demand planning systems and BI tools
- Experienced in professionalizing processes, systems
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Supply Chain or Finance is preferred
- It is essential that the incumbent of the role thinks strategically, connects the dots in the bigger picture and is comfortable in the details of the deliverables
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
- Displays high integrity, honesty and deep sense of caring for the success of the company and the employees
- Analytical- and problem-solving skills: able to design processes
- Entrepreneurial and innovative: to build the Demand Planning organization
- Has a clear vision on S&OP
- Down-to-earth, is open to criticism and converts it into action
- Transparent; gives a good example in the organization and is a role model